Rugs did not just spring into existence the other day. They have been around since time immemorial. The only difference is that they are not the same as they were centuries ago. More creativity and color has been added to give its present irresistible look. Rugs have indeed come a long way and have withstood the treacherous test of time.
There even came a time when they were almost going into distinction. That was not meant to be because they came out tougher and stronger. The rugs we sit on today do have a touching and inspiring story behind them. We are even free to place an order online for the ones that suit our taste. Rugs do hold a special place in our hearts and must be treated as such. The time comes when we are not too sure what to settle for. There are guiding factors to see us through all that if w are keen enough.
Choosing the right rugs for your home
Uniqueness of rugs designs
To break the monotony that seems to be going on, rugs have come out better. They are not the rugs of old that we were slowly getting used to. These days, they come in various tantalizing designs that make it hard to choose. This uniqueness is what draws us closer the first time we come across them. We feel like they are so new and that we have never set our eyes on them before.
Rugs designs make our living rooms more attractive. They give us a heritage upon which we depend. Each design does come along with its own care and maintenance measures. These measures must be followed to the letter for them to last longer in our homes.
Care of the rugs
In case you are buying them for the first time, you need to learn how to care of them. Here are some useful maintenance measures to take so as to make them last longer;
- Have them vacuumed every once in a while – Since we are always placing our feet on them, they tend to get dusty and dirty too. If you choose a sensitive color such as white, you’ll see the need to clean it more often.
- Wash them with mild soap and water – Quality rugs will not fade away when washed with soap and water. Instead, they will come out looking brighter and better.
- Take them out for some sun, and fresh air – The air inside the house can be dump as well as moist. Only the wonderful gifts from mother nature can set things right.
How to choose the right rug for your house
With the millions of designs making their entrance into the market, it can be tough to choose the right rug. Here are some ways to go about it;
- First, determine what size would be best for you – You can tell this if all your furniture can fit on your rug. For instance, my Southwest style rug can deliver all the qualities you might be looking for in a rug.
- The colors of your furniture can be a defining factor – It would be a sickening contrast to pick a color that’s nothing close to your theme colors.
- Let your finances guide you – If you spot